The EventHive application and website are owned and operated by 2Heads Global Design Ltd.
2Heads Global Design Ltd are committed to protecting any information you share with us.
This explains what information we collect from you, how we use that data, how we share your data with others, how you can manage your information held by us and how you can contact us.
You will always have the option to opt out of marketing correspondence from us. We never send unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications. We will never share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We will periodically review our Privacy Notice so it’s worth checking back periodically for any updates.
This version of our Privacy Statement went live from 25th May 2018.
What information do we collect?
We only collect information about you when you engage with our website or applications. We only collect minimal, necessary and relevant information for the purpose for which you are providing it for.
The information for which we can collect includes some or all of the following:
How is this information used?
Purpose of Processing
Your data may be used for us to respond to your needs, for sales and other enquiries and for promoting our business services or products. Specifically, the reasons for processing your data may be:
- To respond to any correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us
- To undertake market analysis and research to better serve you as a client and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if there is a legitimate business interest
- To send you marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. We’ll only contact you with information about our own products and services. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time
- To get in touch from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. You will have the option to unsubscribe at any time
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights. For example, where you have asked us to refrain from contacting you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to comply with your request
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
The lawful basis that we identified for the above purposes is that of legitimate interest. This is in the form of us continuing to provide a service or product to you or establishing a business relationship to direct market to you.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information to third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us, like marketing, events and market research. We may also share your information with third party suppliers who provide a service on behalf of us to you.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information, just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated non-specific data wherever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. The only instance of this occurring will be to receive your data at our US-based office, or to pass your data to a supplier in order to carry out agreed works.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a client or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we identify a legitimate business interest to continue processing your data. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a legal claim, complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you).
How can I manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Correct and update your information
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine-readable format), where we need to process it in connection with your contract
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us, as your data controller, by using the details below:
2 Heads Global Design Ltd,
Telephone: +44 (0)1628 539 500
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113